How to book
Patients can book an appointment either in advance or on the day by calling 020 7371 6060, or by calling into the practice.
Alternatively, you can submit an e-consultation via this link to get a response for clinical queries by the end of the next working day, and for administrative queries within 3 working days.
Please note: our telephone lines are busiest between 08:00-10:00 and 13:00-15:00, so please try to avoid these times whenever possible if your call is not urgent.
How to cancel an appointment
If you are unable to attend your appointment for any reason, or the health problem for which you booked your appointment has cleared up, please remember to cancel your appointment. Even cancelling your appointment with 10 minutes’ notice will enable us to see other patients in need.
We have a large number of people who do not attend their appointments every single week leading to wasted doctor and clinician time, leading to delays in you being able to get an appointment.
You can telephone us on 020 7371 6060, or come in and speak to Reception.
Please let us know well in advance if you cannot make your appointment so that it may be allocated to another patient.
The Surgery’s extended hours appointments are aimed at accommodating our patients who are commuters and those who have difficulty attending the surgery in the daytime.
We also offer an evening & weekend service via our Extended Hours Hub. Different local GPs work on a rota basis providing cover and so you may not be seen by your own GP.
There are 2 hubs in West London:
|St Charles Centre for Health
Integrated Care Centre
London W10 6DZ
Mon – Fri: 18:30 – 21:00
Sat: 08:00 – 20:00
Sun: 14:00 – 20:00
|The Violet Melchett Clinic
Integrated Care Centre
30 Flood Walk
London SW3 5RR
Mon – Fri: 18:30 – 21:00
Sat: 08:00 – 16:00
Sun: 08:00 – 14:00
The extended hours hubs will provide the following primary care medical services, as a minimum requirement:
- Clinical assessment, and treatment service to patients presenting with minor injuries and mild to moderate illnesses
- Self-care management information and advice
- Cervical screening and contraceptive services
- Childhood immunisations and vaccinations
- Wound Care
- Ear irrigation
The following services will not be provided by the extended hours hub services:
- Patients who are identified with a potentially life threatening medical condition which is not suitable for primary care management must be immediately and safely transferred to the relevant urgent and emergency care service
- GP appointments relating to test results received
- Long term condition reviews and care plans
- Medication reviews
Weekend Walk-in Service
If you require GP services which are outside of the services detailed above, please go to https://111.nhs.uk/ or call 111 and they can signpost you to the most relevant service available.
If you require medical help but you’re not sure where to go, then please Talk before you Walk. You can call NHS 111 free, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and, where appropriate, a clinical advisor will assess your symptoms, decide what medical help you need and advise where you need to go. This will ensure you get the right care from the right service in the timeliest way.
NHS 111 clinical advisors can arrange an appointment for you at an out of hours GP or extended hours hub if your condition means you need to see a health care professional within the next 12 hours. They can also give you self-care advice and information.
You should call NHS 111 if:
- You need medical help fast, but it is not a 999 emergency
- You think you need to go to accident and emergency or another NHS urgent care service
- You do not know who to call for medical help or you do not have a GP to call
- You require health information or reassurance about what to do next
Alternatively Call 020 8969 7777 from 18.30 – 08.00 on weekdays and throughout weekends and public holidays.
Evening and Weekend Hubs
In addition to our Extended Hours, this surgery is part of the West London GP Federation, a group of practices in the local area that work together to provide evening and weekend appointments.
You must be registered with a member practice, such as this one to access these services.
The practice is part of the West London GP Federation meaning our patients have access to GP led services (this will not be your usual GP) via the Extended Hours Hubs for acute problems only.
- Long-term, ongoing conditions, for example diabetes, asthma, etc.
- Referrals to hospitals and other services
- Investigations including blood test, x-rays, scans
- Repeat prescriptions
- Appointments are available Monday – Friday from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and during weekends. To access appointments from this service, call your normal surgery and request an Extended Hours appointment.
Your local pharmacist is a healthcare professional who can give you clinical advice and treatment for common illnesses such as coughs, colds, aches and pains. They can also help you decide whether you need to contact other healthcare services.
You can talk to your pharmacist in confidence, even about the most personal symptoms without an appointment. Many pharmacies now have a consultation area where you can discuss health concerns in private.
Some of the services available from your local pharmacy include help for:
- Emergency contraception (morning after pill)
- Raised temperature/fever
- Coughs, colds, flu
- Ear infections and earache
- Urine infections and cystitis
- Skin infections/rashes/allergic reactions
- Emergency repeat prescription service
Non-urgent advice: COVID-19 Notice
ONLINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE ONGOING COVID-19 SITUATION.
You can still us the online facility to order your repeat medication.